Kids Only Introduction to Surf session
- Duración: 2 Horas (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Surfers Paradise, QLD
- Código de producto: P5PH0Y
Intro to surf session
These classes are for 6 to 12 year olds and they are run throughout school holidays. They run 3 mornings a week (and more often during peak times) and on Saturday mornings throughout the school terms. Kids only classes are run with an even lower coach-to-participant ratio of 4:1 to ensure maximum amounts of both safety and fun!
Surfing is such a great sport for all ages and these sessions are designed to give them a taste of surfing and hopefully they love it and want to come back for more,
The Intro to surf session is the prerequisite to our Beginner surf programs and we cover the following
- Identify the parts of the surf board and equipment
- Basic surf awareness
- Recognize hazards in the surf such as rips
- Learn the steps to standing on a board
- Ride a broken wave in the white wash assisted by the instructor
- How to fall off safely in the shallows
- 2 hours learn to surf experience
- maximum 4 participants per instructor
- all equipment included
- lessons held at
10am every Saturday, more frequently during school holidays: Tuesday and
Thursday & Saturday, and even more regularly during peak periods
- approx. 1 hour 20 min of water time
- complimentary transport from Surfers Paradise to the best beach on
the Gold Coast (we allow one parent to come in the shuttle but other
must be reserved for other surfers)
- $65 per 2 hour session
- 3 lesson package: $165
- Private lessons (See private lesson rates)
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: We appreciate our team members so in line with fair work agreements all of our staff are paid public holiday rates, so a surcharge will be applied to lessons onofficial Queensland public holidays, we hope you respect our policy.
Who can join this class?
- Any child between 6 and 12 years
- Children under 6 we recommend a private lesson
- No swimming ability necessary. The lesson is conducted in waist deep water but you must be strong enough to hold onto your own surf board (parents may assist with this)
- All levels of fitness are welcome to join as you can participate at your own pace
- Any child with a medical condition or previous injury are recommended to seek the advice of your physician
What to expect!
- Our Shop is located behind the Seaway Cafe, at the end of Seaworld Drive Main Beach.
The seaway cafe is located in the carpark and parking is FREE all day.Check in time is 15 min prior to your lesson, to find us just walk down the right hand side between the Cafe and the amenities block and come in the back gate.
- Get Ready. We really need you to be in your swim wear when you arrive so we can get the class started on time. We will check you in, make sure everyone has arrived, grab a rashie/ wet suit and board and head down to the beach. Mum or Dad can jump in and help with carrying the board if you like but we do pair up the kids to make it easier for them to carry.
Get Started: This is where you have to listen, the instructors will run through a really important safety brief about the conditions you are surfing in on that day followed by some really easy techniques to help you get up on the board as easily as possible and maximise your vertical time on the board and of course how to fall off safely. Once the instructors are confident that you are all good to go, its then time to...
Get Wet: This is what you came for. The instructors will take the group down to the water together, before your big toe goes in they will run through the formation they need you to stay in so everyone gets a great crack at it and the instructors can give you tips. If you are doing what these expert instructors are telling you should be pretty much standing on your first or second wave!
- Get Vertical: At first the instructors will help by pulling you onto the best waves, but it won’t be long before you can pick your own and go for it. Some people learn faster than others for one reason or another, but the instructors are there to help everyone achieve the best they can. We do appreciate that some children may get tired or cold during the lesson, so the instructors may chose to come out of the water and do some warm up activities with them.
Get Sharing: after a good hour and 20 min (if you can last that long) in the water you should be tired, satisfied and have a big smile on your face, met some new friends and want to tell the world. It’s now time for the Instagram group pic so you can share with your friends. if the conditions are good and everyone has been catching lots of waves the instructors will do their best to grab some photos of you ripping, after the group photo we will all head back to the shop and they will show you your happy snaps on the big screen, if you like what you see and want to grab them for your next face book profile pic you can grab a USB with all of your shots for just $25.** the instructors will do everything they can to get some good shots of you but sometimes it’s just not possible- they will not compromise your safety for a photo.
- Get Dry: you will be a little salty and sandy so if you want to have a quick rinse off now is the time to nip off quickly to one of the outdoor fresh water showers and bathrooms and freshen up and get dry. Time to say good bye to your new mates and if you LOVED it, chat to the instructors about signing up for one of our beginner surf programs.
GIFT CARDS: Gift card purchases are valid for two years from the purchase date. If the recipient of the voucher can no longer use the voucher, it can be transferred to another person; no refunds allowed. If a product has a price increase the difference will need to be made up at the time of the booking. Gift card bookings on public holidays will have a surcharge applied